Helping Keep The Leyhill Community Local
Fri July 10, 2020
- Coronavirus: John Lewis and Boots to cut 5,300 jobs - A day after the chancellor unveiled a plan to save jobs, two of the UK's biggest retailers announce cuts.
- Solihull man arrested over £495,000 'furlough fraud' - The arrest is thought to be the first relating to the government's Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme.
- West Bromwich aspiring actress honoured by cancer charity - Crystal Marshall was diagnosed with a rare form of facial bone cancer when she was 18 years old.
- Mysterious 'vampire slaying kit' up for auction - The collector's item contains a Bible, pistol and other items cloaked in mystery.
Avoid Your Home Flooding
Posted by Administrator : Monday 11th March 2013
BE PREPARED OR AT LEAST HAVE YOUR ARM BANDS READY. Flooding can be devastating for home owners but some simple tips could prevent heartbreaking and costly repairs. It is important that you understand about your property and local areas, so you can be aware of any potential flooding problems in the future.
Top Flooding Prevention Tips
• Move costly possessions and important documents
• Protect furnishings
• Stock up with Sandbags
• Protect irreplaceable
• List useful contacts
• Pack a flood kit
• Keep informed
Floods can arrive without warning making it is so important you are prepared.