Helping Keep The Leyhill Community Local
Fri August 23, 2019
- Acocks Green: Mother held after son, 10, 'found dead in caravan' - "Nothing could be done" to revive the boy, whose 44-year-old mum has been bailed, police say.
- Tributes to 'kind grandfather' after cycle death in Edgbaston - A man was arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving after the collision.
- Woman fends off men trying to steal car with child inside - The armed men attempt to steal a car with a three-year-old inside in Moseley, Birmingham.
- HS2: Scrapping high-speed rail project 'would be a disaster' - But a farmer who has lost land to the project says he feels the scheme will not go ahead in full.
Avoid Your Home Flooding
Posted by Administrator : Monday 11th March 2013
BE PREPARED OR AT LEAST HAVE YOUR ARM BANDS READY. Flooding can be devastating for home owners but some simple tips could prevent heartbreaking and costly repairs. It is important that you understand about your property and local areas, so you can be aware of any potential flooding problems in the future.
Top Flooding Prevention Tips
• Move costly possessions and important documents
• Protect furnishings
• Stock up with Sandbags
• Protect irreplaceable
• List useful contacts
• Pack a flood kit
• Keep informed
Floods can arrive without warning making it is so important you are prepared.